Gilpin Lake House
About The Gilpin
The Gilpin Lake House is a luxury hotel located in the Lake District, it offers a unique and tranquil setting, surrounded by beautiful nature and it’s own private lake.
The hotel features a range of luxurious accommodations, including stylish rooms and suites, each designed with comfort and elegance in mind.
Where is The Gilpin Lake House?
The Gilpin Lake house is situated close to Lake Windermere offering a private and luxury experience for your wedding. It can accommodate larger weddings as well as more intimate elopement style weddings in the stunning grounds.
What makes The Gilpin Lake House Unique?
The Lake House is a unique wedding and elopement venue because it offers:
- But it’s not merely the idyllic setting that makes Gilpin Lake House an unrivalled gem. Imagine a culinary journey orchestrated by award winning skilled chefs, utilising locally sourced ingredients.
- The grounds are truly a sight to behold, a private lake with some of the Lake Districts best views. The luxury at the Gilpin is unrivalled, a totally tailor made location for a perfect wedding experience.
What is the best time to get married at The Gilpin?
The Gilpin Lake House Hotel is a beautiful wedding venue all year round. However, some seasons may be more suitable than others depending on your preferences.
- Spring is a lovely time to get married at The Lake House. The weather is mild and pleasant, and the gardens are in full bloom.
- Summer is a superb time to get married if you love the warmth and bright greens of the surroundings. You can take advantage of the outdoor spaces and the lake views.
- Autumn and Winter is soo beautiful with the leaves turning amber and of course the possibility of snow in winter! Though the boats are not unusable during this time, the grounds are fully accessible and still perfect for your special day.
Spring and summertime at The Gilpin Lake House is stunning, lush greens of the gardens and surroundings and it also means you can both enjoy a boat ride on their very own private lake!
The Lake House Boat Shed
- The Lake House is beautiful place for your ceremony, overlooking the private lake at the Gilpin and providing an amazing, secluded and cozy location for one another.
- The Gazebo is also a wonderful location for an outdoor ceremony, located not far from the Boat house it offers stunning views with the added protection from the rain.
- The balcony room is a stunning choice as it allows for incredible views of the entire grounds and is also a great choice if it rains!
The private lake that The Gilpin offers is a truly wonderful location for your wedding but also your an both jump in a boat and have a little adventure all your own!
Best Wedding + Elopement Photo Locations
The Gilpin has many amazing photo locations for you to capture your special moments. Here are some of my favourites:
- The Lakehouse
- The Gardens
- The House Itself
- The Lake (and the boats!)
Starting at the Gilpin Hotel, not far from the Lake House shows the kind of intimate wedding experiences you can have at the Gilpin.
Looking for a Gilpin Wedding Photographer
Hello, I’m Christopher Ian and I am a recommended wedding photographer at The Gilpin Lake House Hotel.
I adore capturing weddings and elopements at the Gilpin and can make your wedding day experience a truly stunning one! I you would love to chat more about your plans then get in touch and we can plan your perfect day.